There is a great deal to consider when re-designing your existing surgery or Practice. It is an even more daunting prospect when you are looking to re-locate or set up a brand new Practice.
Armstrong Young LLP have the experience and unique specialist skills to help you every step of the way, from your initial ideas, right through to the completion of your project. We make the whole process as seamless and easy as possible, allowing our clients to remain focused on running their dentistry business.
Small projects (usually within an existing practice)
The design, build and surgery equipment fit-out can be fully managed by Armstrong Young LLP, in-house, from start to completion. This will typically include the following services:-
- Initial fact finding meeting with client and measurement survey.
- Preparation of preliminary design drawings for client approval.
- Fully detailed design drawings and quotation for client approval.
- Preparation of mechanical and electrical design drawings (for use by specialist contractors).
- Project management of specialist trades, which usually include structural alterations/building works, electrical, lighting, plumbing and heating, ventilation/air conditioning, decoration, flooring.
- Cabinetry and dental equipment supply/installation.
- Professional handover to client to include user training.
NB: Whilst Armstrong Young prefer to work with their own specialist dental contractors to ensure quality workmanship/materials and adherence to completion dates, we can of course work with a client’s contractor/s, should this be preferred.
Larger projects (conversion of an existing building or a new build)
Larger projects can vary in scope enormously. The complexities of planning, change of use and building regulations necessitate the use of architectural services from initial design stage and possibly supervision throughout the duration of the project.
How can I best handle my design and planning requirements?
Our experience has proven that the most successful results are achieved when a “design team” approach is employed. A design team would normally include:-
- An Architect.
- Dental design specialist.
- Dental interior design specialist.
- Mechanical & electrical services consultant.
- Radiological protection advisor.
- Construction design & management (CDM)*
* It is a legal requirement for a client to appoint a CDM Co-ordinator, should a project require more than thirty days of construction or require more than 500 person days of work.
What are the benefits of using a design team approach?
The design team approach provides you with a complete specifications and drawing pack necessary to obtain detailed and accurate quotations from all contractors and suppliers. You have control over your budget and the flexibility to make the changes you deem necessary, prior to commencement of works. (Changes after the commencement of works can delay the project and prove costly; often running into many thousands of pounds).
- The design team works together to achieve a realistic project timetable and a timely project completion.
- You are assured of quality goods, workmanship and services.
- Every member of the design team has niche skill sets. You can therefore relax in the knowledge that your design specialists are actively working to ensure every detail is considered and nothing is overlooked. Ultimately we have the same goal, to design a practice of excellence for you.
- The accurate and fully detailed drawings/quotations can be used to support a business plan and to secure funding for your project.
At what stage do I involve Armstrong Young in my project?
Call us at the very beginning. We need an early input into any project proposal. We can advise you on the next steps to take and the most appropriate specialists to appoint for the size and type of project you are considering. You may only require one or two specialists or you could need the full scope. The right advice at the very start of the project can help you avoid wasted time and costly mistakes.
For all enquiries, please call 01892 610 202 or use the form below.